Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Display that Caught My Eye

The display that caught my eye
This display actually made me stop in my tracks as I walked through Sears to find a camera float (which they didn't have). I couldn't help but wonder what age group this display is targeted at. The underwear is what originally caught my attention - bright pink with "BOYS" ("O" in the shape of a heart, of course) written all over them. That was already eye catching because of its overtly sexual connotations. Then put that in the context of its surroundings - bras and undies with Hello Kitty, Sesame Street, and Paul Frank cartoons. Kids cartoons. Maybe I am just getting older and more prudish, but honestly, I don't think I am the only one who sometimes has to stop and wonder… "What the **** is going on around here?"

1 comment:

  1. Your not getting older just wiser, I agree, who are they targeting, 2 year olds????

    ReplyDelete