Thursday, September 9, 2010

Red Velvet Cheesecake from Magnolia Bakery

Red Velvet Cheesecake
Eating red velvet cheesecake. Mmm.
This last weekend I was finally able to take Russell to get some delicious Indian food. I know most people would not consider going out to lunch at Grand Central Terminal as something that fantastic, maybe equal to eating at a mall somewhere, but in my opinion the food is delicious and there are no long lines.

Of course I got potato samosas with chutney (yum!) and Russell got rice with lentils and beans. Everything was great.

Whenever I go to Grand Central I have to get a mini cheesecake from the Magnolia Bakery - seriously best cheesecake ever. And from what I understand, the lines at the other shops are quite long, obviously because everything they serve is delicious, but I have only seen a max of three people in line at the Grand Central location. I normally get the vanilla bean cheesecake - simple and delicious - but they were out, so I decided to go for the red velvet cheesecake.

Red Velvet Cheesecake
Red velvet cheesecake from the Magnolia Bakery
I have only just been introduced to red velvet. The development team (the team I work with at the Clinton Foundation) brings in little cupcakes whenever an intern leaves, and since I am the last remaining intern, I have had the chance to sample a variety of flavors. This is how I discovered red velvet. Delicious.

The Magnolia Bakery has combined the most delicious cupcake flavor I have tasted and smooth texture of red velvet with the spine tingling deliciousness of cheesecake and an Oreo cookie crust - literally heaven on earth. I can't tell you how happy I was eating this cheesecake - how happy I am just recalling it!

I you ever come to New York go to any Magnolia Bakery and get a red velvet cheesecake. You won’t regret a single calorie.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Erica! That sounds utterly amazing! I am almost coming to NY just to get a piece of that stuff! Seriosly, you just gave me a serious munchies attack. Now where am I supposed to find something like that around here?! xoxo Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are really great recipes online. You and Marcello should make one.. or wait until Russ and I arrive in SB and we can all make one big one together!!

    ReplyDelete